Unique three-layer design bag that holds up to 5 kg of potatoes. The outer layer is made of a combination of cotton fabric and jute, the bottom is made of impermeable solid fabric. The middle layer is made of a dark non-woven fabric that is breathable, removable and does not transmit light. The inner layer contains aluminium foil, which maintains sufficient moisture and a protective atmosphere inside. The Zembag closes by pulling the drawstring.
Zembag slows down the potato sprouting due to specially formulatted caraway essential oil. It is contained in a sachet that is inserted among the potatoes in Zembag and will last for at least 5 months under normal conditions. If you notice signs of sprouting, you need to add a new caraway sachet.
The size of the Zembag for up to 5 kg of potatoes is 20 cm in diameter and 30 cm in height, the volume is 9 litres.
Thanks to the quality workmanship, we provide an extended warranty of 5 years for Zembag.
Frequently asked questions:
- New potatoes do not belong in Zembag.
- Minimum shelf life of caraway sachets in original pouch is 24 months.
- The package already contains 2 caraway sachets.
- Replacement caraway sachets can be purchased.
- Caraway alone will not work, there is concentrated essential oil in the bag.
- Zembag is made in the Czech Republic in a sheltered workshop Daneta
- By purchasing Zembag you support Czech research.
How is it used?
You can find detailed instructions here.
New or early-season potatoes do not belong in Zembag!
Remember, new or early-season potatoes are not meant to be stored, not even in Zembag! These potatoes do not have a developed skin and are therefore very susceptible to mold and rot. In addition, caraway oil damages them. By law, they must be labelled as 'new' and 'early-season'. Only mature late-season potatoes belong into Zembag.
However, Mini Zembag can be used for short-term storage of new potatoes.