Unique three-layer design bag that holds up to 10 kg of potatoes. The outer layer is made of a combination of cotton fabric and jute, the bottom is made of impermeable solid fabric. The middle layer is made of a dark non-woven fabric that is breathable, removable and does not transmit light. The inner layer contains an aluminum foil that maintains sufficient moisture and a protective atmosphere inside.
Zembag slows down potato sprouting due to specially formulated caraway essential oil. It is contained in a sachet that is inserted among the potatoes in Zembag and will function for at least 5 months under normal conditions. If you notice signs of sprouting, you need to add a new caraway sachet.
The size of the Zembag for 10 kg of potatoes is 24 cm in diameter and 37 cm in height, the volume is 17 litres.
Thanks to the high quality workmanship, we provide an extended warranty of 5 years for Zembag.
Frequently asked questions:
- New potatoes do not belong in Zembag.
- Minimum shelf life of the caraway sachet in original pouch is 24 months.
- The package already contains 4 caraway sachets.
- Replacement caraway sachets can be purchased.
- Caraway alone will not work, there is concentrated essential oil in the bag.
- Zembag is made in the Czech Republic in a sheltered workshop Daneta
- By purchasing Zembag you support Czech research.
How is it used?
You can find detailed instructions here.
New and early-season potatoes do not belong in Zembag!
Remember, new and early-season potatoes are not meant to be stored, not even in Zembag! These potatoes do not have a developed skin, making them very susceptible to mold and rot. In addition, caraway oil damages them. By law, they must be labelled as 'new' and 'early-season'. Only mature late-season potatoes belong into Zembag.
However, Mini Zembag can be used for short-term storage of new potatoes.